The perils of coffee

By Clara and Karaden

 

Summary: Hammond makes a big mistake.

Rating: PG-13
Category: Humour, Romance (Spoof)
Parings: G/J (Same as last time sorry!!)

Disclaimer: They’re not ours... can you tell?
Spoilers: Upgrades

Sequel to: Attack of the coffee machines.
Distribution: You mean someone might want it? *strange looks* just keep our names and e-mails attached.
Author’s notes: This is for all 650 of those who read the last one and were brave enough to come back for more!

****

Janet was NOT happy, she’d thought that after all they’d been through he’d know her better than that but no, he’d still gone ahead and done it without asking her.

 

Oh sure, he’d claimed he wanted to wake her up with a surprise but that was still no excuse for not knowing her as well as she knew him and thought he’d known her.

 

Sighing she leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes, that was the problem with keeping their relationship a secret, there was no one she could talk to when he did something like this.

***

 

He couldn’t believe how unreasonable and unprofessional she was being. It was one thing to be mad at him in private, but to let one little mistake interfere with their professional relationship right in the middle of SG-1s latest crisis was ridiculous and people were starting to notice.

 

He tried to apologise but she’d muttered something about thinking he’d known her better and stormed into the bathroom slamming the door and hadn’t spoken to him about the incident since, she’d replied to all his queries about SG-1 and Anises experiment but her tone was clipped and it obvious that she wasn’t going to forgive him anytime soon.

 

He had a halfway completed plan over how he was going to make it up to her but one thing stood between him and the door, Colonel O’Neill. “It’s just so damn exciting sir!” One very hyperactive Colonel O’Neill.    

 

While one part of his mind mulled over how he was going to fix the hole in his wall that Colonel O’Neill had created, inspiration struck. Hurriedly he managed to chase Jack out of his office, no sooner had he started on his plan he heard a loud yell and rolled his eyes, why did it always have to be SG-1?

***

 

Janet smiled as she watched SG-1 file out of the infirmary it had defiantly been an interesting day. Wondering into her office her eyes widened as the first thing she saw was at least 30 bags of coffee beans on the desk in front of her. Slowly she walked forward and picked one of them up gasping as she realised it was the expensive imported kind.

 

“So am I forgiven?” She spun around to see George standing there with two steaming cups of coffee in his hand. She eyed them suspiciously and was surprised when he said hastily as if reading her mind, “Don’t worry I learnt from my mistake, there’s not a drop of decaf in the entire Base.”

 

Grinning she accepted a cup and took a sip. Yep she definitely forgave him this time. Placing first hers then his cup on the desk she pulled him into a hug which he gratefully accepted. “I missed you.” She murmured against his chest. He just smiled and held her tightly trying not to show how delighted he was that his plan had worked. Now all he had to worry about was replacing Doctor Jackson’s coffee before he noticed it was missing.