A coffee fuelled rumour mill

by Clara and Karaden


Summary: Three background characters get some lines!
Rating: PG-13

Category: Humour, Romance

Pairing: G/J (not gonna apologise this time!)

Spoilers: Upgrades
Sequel to: Attack of the Coffee Machines and the Perils of Coffee.  (You will need to read these first)

Distribution: If you want it, take it, just leave our e-mails attached and let us know.
Author’s notes: (Karaden) this is set… however-many-days-it-takes-to-recover-from-a-concussion… after Upgrades. Nothing from George or Janet this time, but i thought it might be interesting to get some different viewpoints… hehe >:)

(Clara) Karaden did most of the work on this one; I just helped with the ending. We’re dedicating this one to Sesa, for the great G/J commentary quotes from ‘The fifth man’ she e-mail me!!!
 

****
"Hey Siler, how's the arm?" quipped a cheery voice. Siler turned around to see Ferretti and Sgt. Davis heading towards him.


"Not too bad now, thanks," he replied as they both pulled chairs over to the table where he was sitting. The cafeteria was almost deserted apart from the three of them. "Dr Frasier patched me up and kicked me out pretty quick once she was sure the concussion was gone."


"Well, while you were cooped up in the infirmary, you missed out on all the action!" grinned Ferretti. "O'Neill, Carter and Jackson all went AWOL through the 'Gate – Hammond had to send Teal'c after them!"


"Yeah, I thought I saw them arrive in the infirmary – wasn't sure if it was just the morphine making me see things or not. With the amount Frasier had me on, it wouldn't have been the weirdest thing I saw." He gave the others a small grin. "Y'know, I actually thought I saw Hammond carrying a cart load of coffee bags into the Doc's office. How stupid was that?"


His grin slipped slightly when he saw the look Ferretti and Davis shot at each other. "What?"


Davis cleared his throat and quickly glanced around the room to make sure no one was listening to them. "You may not have imagined it."
Puzzled, Siler glanced at the two faces opposite him. They were dead serious.

 

"If this is meant to be a joke…"


Ferretti shook his head.

 

"For once, no. You're not the only one who saw him. I was talking to Hawkins down by the guest rooms when we both saw him heading towards Jackson's quarters. I didn't think anything of it at the time, thought he must just be checking up on him – y'know how protective he is of his favourite archaeologist." All three of them sniggered at that.

 

"Anyway, Coburn told me later that Jackson and the others were all up in the infirmary at the time, so he *couldn't* have been checking in on him."

 

Siler took a swig of his coffee, noting with relief that they'd finally got rid of that god-awful decaf stuff.  "That still doesn't prove anything – he could've been down there for a hundred different reasons."

 

"Like what?" asked Ferretti scornfully, "Besides, where else on the base would he get thirty bags of Columbian Roast?"

 

Siler almost spat out his coffee.

 

"THIRTY BAGS??"

 

Davis nodded, grinning.

 

"I ran straight into him on Level 27. I think I surprised him - he dropped them and they went everywhere. He was absolutely furious!"

 

"What did he say?"

 

"Well, he went bright pink, and just sort of glared at me. And when I asked him if he needed a hand he stormed off. I tell you, something really weird is going on!"

 

Ferretti chuckled.

 

"Ya think? But what I really want to know is *why* he was carting that much coffee up to the infirmary. You didn't see anything else after he went into the office?"

 

Siler shook his head.

 

"I was pretty out of it. I thought I was hallucinating, remember?" He snorted. "Maybe we should ask Doc Frasier!" Both Ferretti and Siler started to laugh at this, but a look of faint shock spread across Davis's face. He cast his mind back a couple months to when SG-1 had had ‘Urgo’ as a guest, there had been some pretty wild rumours going around at the time, but he’d dismissed them as unrealistic. But now…

 

Looking up, he was surprised to see both Siler and Ferretti staring at him. “Well, you know during the whole Urgo fiasco…” the others nodded intrigued. “Did you here any of the rumours floating around the SGC?”

 

Catching on, Siler looked horrified. “You, don’t think…”

 

Ferretti nodded, “It would make sense...”

 

“Yeah, but the General and Frasier?!” Siler seemed to be turning purple, much to Ferretti’s amusement. Before anyone could reply the Stargate activation alarm began to shriek through the base. The Three rumourmongers glanced at each other, before bolting for their stations, leaving behind three bowls of forgotten Jell-O as the only witnesses to their conversation.